I have taken a blogging hiatus over the past two weeks, which while unfortunate, was needed in the face of sickness and traveling, visiting and holiday madness. One thing I have learned to do is juggle accordingly, and if I can’t do it all, then I have learned to focus on what MOST needs to be done. Unfortunately for me and my love of blogging, that meant I had to take a short break. But I am back, filled with new ideas and old ideas I’ve yet to share.
Excuses aside, I have been busy today with goal setting and brainstorming. I have decided that in 2013 I will do 13 things I have never done before. You know all of those moments when you sigh and say, “ugh, I have never done that before”? Well my life is filled with those moments and I am over it! So this year I will attempt 13 things I have never managed to do before and I can’t wait to share as I experience them. So here they are, all 13 of my Never-Have-I-Ever goals!
- Learn to use my grandma’s sewing machine that has been sitting in my closet. Specifically, I have been wanting to make pillows from old clothes and a quilt for my twin sister’s baby (due in March).
- Learn to cross stitch.
- Paint a piece of furniture yellow. I have always wanted to paint something yellow, but have forever been afraid of actually doing it!
- Create a dream catcher. For some time now, I have been pining over the idea of making a dream catcher from materials found in my parent’s backyard where I spent my childhood running around barefoot and wild.
- Make 30 meals with Sean & keep accurate record of each- bad or good.
- Paint a picture on canvas.
- Read the 20 books on my book list.
- Run a race.
- Write a children’s book. While I have done this before, but it has been a long time and I am excited to try a different technique this time!
- Record a song with Sean.
- Find 15 crafts on-line I have never done before and attempt my hand at them.
- Make a how-to-video on a craft I’ve created
- Keep up with my blog for an entire year. This is a big goal. I am the kind of person who becomes easily distracted and deterred. Sometimes it’s hard to think of things. Sometimes it’s easy to think of excuses. Sometimes it’s easy to give up; to feel like no one is reading, to question what is it all for? But if I persist, if I believe in myself, if I take pride in my talents and my writing abilities, THEN it will pay off. One year down the road, I will reassess, but until then, I am not allowed to doubt this venture. All I am allowed to do and to be is POSITIVE!
So there they are! The thirteen things I have never managed to do, but KNOW! BELIEVE! and feel CONFIDENT that I can do this year. It is a year to surprise myself! And I am ready for the challenge; because above all else, this year is about learning: learning to look inward BEFORE I worry about outside opinions, learning to GROW as a writer, learning how to be a better photographer, learning how to reactive positively, before the negative can seep in; and best and most of all, learning to accept that everything I will be, is what I now know as “potential”. We create our own destinies, so let us all learn to always hope for the best in ourselves and to send the best energy we have to others, too.
What are your goals this 2013? Will you surprise yourself too?